3C17508 (JE174A) 3Com Switch 8800 360GB/s Fabric Module
HP 360Gbps 8800 Fabric Module (JE174A)
3COM 3C17508 Switch 8800 360GB/s Fabric Module for 8814, 8810, 8807. 30 Gbps per payload slot, for a maximum of 360 Gbps (Switch 8814). IP routing: RIP (V1/V2), OSPF V2. Logical segmentation of the network supported by VLAN.
The Switch Fabric Module is the core of the 3Com Switch 8800 system. The Switch Fabric performs route calculation and provides all Layer 3 switching functionality. It also performs Layer 2 switching between interface modules and where on-board Layer 2 switching is not possible. Based on the address-forwarding table, the hardware performs line-speed switching of Layer 2 / Layer 3 data packets. VLANs, link aggregation, QoS traffic classification and prioritization, and ACLs (Access Control Lists) are also supported by the hardware. In addition to switching functions, the Switch Fabric Module performs control and management functions for the system. The management channel performs such functions as initialization and configuration of the system, data packet learning, protocol processing, and network management. It also provides environmental monitoring, software upgrade and interface module control.
- Manufactured by: 3COM
- Model/Part : 3C17508
- Type: Switch
- Enclosure Type: Plug-in module
- Data Link Protocol: Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Routing Protocol: RIP-1, RIP-2, OSPFv2
- Remote Management Protocol: RMON, Telnet, SNMP 3
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Switching Protocol: Ethernet
- Features: Layer 3 switching, layer 2 switching, ARP support, VLAN support, DiffServ support
- Compliant Standards: IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3i, IEEE 802.3z, IEEE 802.1D, IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.1p, IEEE 802.3x, IEEE 802.1w, IEEE 802.1x, IEEE 802.3ae, IEEE 802.1s