3C10408A (JE231A) 3Com 3108 Wireless Phone
The 3Com® 3108 Wireless Phone (3C10408A) is designed to handle the increasing mobility requirements of managers, executives and power users, ensuring that important communications get the attention they need. Using Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) connectivity, 3Com NBX® IP telephony solutions provide the phone with call control, advanced features and applications for delivering robust capabilities and secure voice connectivity over a standards-based IEEE 802.11b/g wireless network.
Navigate with ease to stay well-connected. The 3108 phone’s keypad and intuitive four-way cursor control let users originate and receive calls, invoke features and retrieve voice messages efficiently. A crisp 1.8″ (4.57 cm) color display enhances menu navigation. Additionally, a sleek, flip-phone design allows convenient pocket or belt-clip carrying.
Deploy with cost-effective standards-based solutions. The 3Com 3108 wireless phone (3C10408A) is not only SIP-compliant, but also utilizes a standards-based managed wireless network—including wireless switches and managed access points (MAPs)—to ensure no-hassle implementations.
Ensure seamless connectivity. Wireless network MAPs hand-off and re-register devices across multiple APs to ensure seamless roaming. Users can move throughout a building or campus environment without losing their connections. The phone’s self-locating capabilities further expedite initiating and maintaining critical communications.
Enjoy reliable, secure communications. Wireless Protected Access 2 (WPA2) and advanced encryption standard (AES) that encodes conversations with 128-, 192- and 256-bit keys ensure privacy and safeguard information.
Optimize performance with easily customized settings. For optimum performance and easy-to-access telecom features, a browser-based management utility lets users quickly customize settings such as ring tones and personal speed dials. Critical communications get the fast, reliable and personalized attention needed to increase efficiency and generate revenue.
- Ease implementation with standards-based solutions such as SIPv2 signalling protocol (ETF RFC-3261)* and IEEE 802.11b/g wireless networking
- Safeguard conversations with enhanced security based on WEP/WPA/WPA2
- Speed communications with the 3108 phone’s self-locating capabilities that quickly establish wireless network connections
- Control calling, messaging and advanced features—including transfer, hold, call pickup, do not disturb and access to local phone book—with intuitive four-way cursor, nine configurable speed dials and 1.8″ (4.57 cm) color display
- Customize settings with user-friendly browser-based management
- Support Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) with Quality of Service (QoS)
- Discover wireless hot spots and signal strengths with embedded site survey tool