3CR17501-91 (JF063A) 3COM Switch 3250 48 ports
3COM Switch 3250 48 ports
HP SuperStack 3 3200 50-port Switch (JF063A)
Features & Benefits
Managed 48-Port 10/100 Switch with 2 Combo Gigabit Copper/SFP Uplinks
The 3Com Switch 3250 is a high performance managed Layer 2 / Layer 3 standalone switch that provides an ideal solution for workgroups and departments. The Switch 3250 has forty-eight 10/100 ports and two 1000 Mbps or SFP-based fiber Gigabit dual-purpose ports for high-speed uplinks to servers and/or backbones.
The Switch 3200 supports both Layer 2 switching and dynamic Layer 3 routing. Its Layer 3 capabilities improve workgroup performance by routing segmented traffic locally at the wiring closet, without the need to send the traffic to the network core for routing. Through its support of dynamic (RIP) routing, deployment and management is greatly simplified over working with static routes, with automatic reconfiguration when there are topology changes.
With 13.6 Gbps switching and support for up to 8,000 MAC addresses, the Switch 3250 is a wirespeed, high performance switching platform. IEEE 802.3ad Link Aggregation Protocol (LACP) support allows you to create aggregated high-bandwidth Gigabit links.
The switch offers rich industry-standard features including Spanning Tree, Rapid Spanning Tree, QoS, Port Mirroring, and network management. Management features include Command Line Interface (CLI), SNMP, RMON, TFTP, Telnet, DHCP device address configuration, and a web-based graphical user interface.
Enhanced security features include IEEE 802.1X RADIUS network log-in and Access Control Lists to help insure only authorized users can access your network. Secure management of the switch is facilitated through encrypted SSL (HTTPS) and SSH sessions, while multiple devices can be managed via SNMP through 3Com Network Supervisor
- · Edge-optimized Layer 3 switching to speed performance for those environments with network segmentation among its workgroups
- · Supports dynamic (RIP) routing, easing the setup and ongoing maintenance of the network
- · 48 10/100 ports with two dual-purpose Gigabit ports supporting 1000BASE-T or SFP fiber modules for maximum flexibility
- · Wirespeed, non-blocking performance
- · Enhanced security includes IEEE 802.1X network log-in, Access Control Lists, and encrypted SSL (HTTPS) and SSH management sessions
- · Ports: 48 auto-sensing 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX; 2 dual-purpose ports supporting 10BASE-T/100BASE TX/1000BASE-T connections or SFP ports accommodating 1000BASE-SX, 1000BASE-LX, or 1000BASE-LH70 SFPs
- · Media Interfaces: RJ-45 for 10/100 and 10/100/1000 ports; for SFPs, dependent on specific SFP module
- · Layer 2 Ethernet switching features: Full-rate nonblocking on all Ethernet ports, full/half-duplex auto-negotiation and flow control, multicast Layer 2 filtering, 802.1Q VLAN support (255 VLANs), 802.1p traffic prioritization (4 priority queues), IGMP snooping and querier, 8k MAC addresses
- · Layer 3 Ethernet switching features: Static routes; RIP dynamic Layer 3 routes
- · Height: 45 mm (1.7 in), or 1U
- · Width: 440 mm (17.3 in)
- · Depth: 333 mm (13.1 in)
- · Weight: 5.3 kg (11.7 lbs)