HP OfficeConnect Secure Router (JF067A)
Features & Benefits
Secure, High-Speed, Shared Internet Access for Home and Small Offices
The 3Com® OfficeConnect® Secure Router provides protected, high-speed Internet access for multiple users in home and small or branch office environments. With this router, up to 253 users can economically share a single cable or DSL Internet connection, eliminating the need to purchase and maintain multiple lines and IP addresses. The router also supports two VPN tunnels for secure, remote site-to-site or user-to-site communication. An integrated four-port switch connects to users or to another LAN.
Multiple security features protect network integrity and data privacy. An advanced stateful packet inspection firewall with hacker pattern detection and denial of service protection features defends against attacks and intrusions. Network filtering and event logging further control access to web sites and increase the security of always-on cable or DSL Internet connections.
Simple setup wizards and an intuitive browser-based management interface are designed to make the OfficeConnect router easy to install and use. Features such as IP routing (RIP 1 and 2), static routing, and DHCP server give users robust router-quality performance and privacy in an economical package. Virtual server capabilities and special application and dynamic DNS support, provide flexibility for wide a range of small-office needs.
The 3Com OfficeConnect Secure Router is built to meet 3Com’s proven standards of quality and reliability and is supported by a 3 Year Hardware Warranty with advanced hardware replacement.
· Network Address Translation (NAT) routing enables up to 253 simultaneous users to access the Internet using a single cable or DSL connection
· Four 10/100 Ethernet LAN ports with Auto MDI/MDIX provide wired LAN connectivity to multiple users or another LAN
· Robust hardware platform delivers an unencrypted LAN-to-WAN throughput of up to 20 Mbps to take full the benefit of broadband speeds
· Advanced stateful packet inspection firewall with hacker pattern detection and denial of service (DoS) support protects the network from hacker attacks and intrusions
· Virtual private network (VPN) pass-through and initiation/termination of two VPN tunnels support provide secure connections to remote users or sites
· Event logging provides detailed information for managing Internet access control and security
· Dynamic Domain Name Service (DNS) allows users connecting to the Internet with dynamic IP addresses to use network applications such as web or FTP servers that normally require static IP addresses (requires subscription with Dynamic DNS providers)
· Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) server supplies network addresses to computers automatically, simplifying configuration and management
· URL filtering controls access to inappropriate web sites
· Virtual server, special application support, and virtual De-Militarized Zone (DMZ) features enable businesses to set up external web services without compromising LAN security
· IP routing (RIP 1 and 2) and static routing enables the router to be used in multi-networked environments
· Traffic metering helps monitor Internet usage
· Set-up wizards and an intuitive web browser interface facilitates installation and use
· LAN Ports: 4 autosensing 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX
· WAN Ports: 1 autosensing10BASE-T/100BASE-TX
· Security: Stateful packet inspection firewall, pre-configured filters for commonly used protocols, user-configurable filters for UDP and TCP packets with specific port numbers, virtual-server capability, virtual DMZ
· VPN support: VPN initiation, termination and pass-through for IPSec. VPN termination and passthrough for PPTP; compatible with (MPPE) with 40- and 128-bit session keys; compatible with IPSec encryption schemes and standards, including Internet Key Exchange, Hybrid Authentication Mode, ISAKMP/Oakley DES and 3DES, plus authentication by shared secret key
· Protocols supported: Dynamic IP addressing, static IP addressing, DHCP Server, PPPoE, PAP, CHAP, UDP, IP, TCP, IPCP, PPTP, SNTP, NAT/PAT (with TCP and UDP)
· Management: Browser-based administration, device-discovery wizards, pre-set defaults, remote management, Save and restore configuration files
· Dimensions: Height: 2.4.cm (1 in), Width: 2.2 cm (8.7 in), Depth: 1.35 cm (5.3 in)
· Weight: 535g (1.2 lbs)