3Com Switch 8800 2-port 10GBASE-X (XFP)
HP 2-port XFP 8800 Advanced Module (JE179A)
- · Total Ports: Two (XFP) 10GBASE-X ports
- · Max. Power Consumption: 50 W
- · Board Dimensions: Length: 366.7mm (14.4″), width: 340mm (13.4″)
This module provides two ultra-high-performance 10-Gigabit Ethernet connections. 10-Gigabit Ethernet is a standards-based method for connecting at a speed 10x that of Gigabit Ethernet, or 10 Gigabits per second, while retaining critical Ethernet properties such as pack format. The module requires XFP-style transceivers, sold separately, to provide the physical media connection.
– XFPs offered by 3Com for the Switch 8800 include 10GBASE-LR for single-mode fiber up to 10 Km, and 10GBASE-ER for single-mode fiber up to 40 Km.
– 10-Gigabit Ethernet is the perfect aggregation technology when deploying gigabit to the desktop or for interconnecting core and distribution switches. Use 10-Gigabit Ethernet to connect one Switch 8800 to another with a similar module, or to another switch with a standards-based 10GBASE-X connection.
– Provides a migration path from multiple aggregated Gigabit Ethernet links to high performance 10Gigabit Ethernet switch-to-switch connections