WIC-2T Cisco Dual-Serial Port WAN Interface Card
The dual-serial port WAN interface cards (WICs) for the Cisco 2600 and 1700 series feature Cisco`s new, compact, high-density Smart Serial connector to support a wide variety of electrical interfaces when used with the appropriate transition cable. Two cables are required to support the two ports on the WIC. Each port on a WIC is a different physical interface and can support different protocols such as Point-to-Point protocol (PPP) or Frame Relay and Data Terminal Equipment/Data Communications Equipment (DTE/DCE).
The WIC-2T provides two serial ports using the Smart Serial connector.
- Asynchronous support with a maximum speed (per port) of 115.2 Kbps, minimum 600 bps. If you need to run at speeds lower than 600 bps, use the AUX port instead.
- Synchronous support with a maximum speed of 8 Mbps per port.
- Supports one port at 8 Mbps when used in NM-1FE1R2W, NM-1FE2W, NM-2FE2W, or NM-2W, or Cisco 2600 chassis WIC slots. All other WIC ports on that network module or Cisco 2600 chassis must not be used.
- Supports two ports at 4 Mbps each when used in NM-1FE1R2W, NM-1FE2W, NM-2FE2W, or NM-2W, or Cisco 2600 chassis WIC slots. All other WIC ports on that network module or Cisco 2600 chassis must not be used.
- Supports 8 Mbps on all ports simultaneously on 2691, 3725, and 3745. No restrictions. Maximum six ports at 8 Mbps each.