Cisco Systems offers a new level of versatility, integration, and power to remote branch offices with the Cisco 2600 series modular access router family. The Cisco 2600 series shares modular interfaces with the popular Cisco 1600 and 3600 series, providing a cost-effective solution to meet today’s remote branch office needs and for evolving applications such as multiservice voice/data integration, departmental dial services and Extranet/VPN access. The modular architecture of the Cisco 2600 series provides the versatility needed to adapt to changes in network technology as new services and applications become available. Driven by a powerful RISC processor, the Cisco 2600 series provides the extra power needed to support the advanced quality of service (QoS), security, and network integration features required in today’s remote branch offices.
The Cisco® 2600 Series is an award-winning series of modular multiservice access routers, providing flexible LAN and WAN configurations, multiple security options, voice and data integration, and a range of high-performance processors. The wide range of features and interfaces and the flexibility of adding more than 50 modules makes the Cisco 2600 Series the ideal branch-office router for today’s and tomorrow’s customer requirements.
The Cisco 2600 Series offers a comprehensive feature set ideal for solutions requiring the following support: • Multiservice voice and data integration
• VPN access with firewall and encryption options
• Analog dial access services
• Routing with bandwidth management
• Inter-VLAN routing
• Delivery of high-speed business-class DSL access
• Cost-effective ATM access
• Integration of flexible routing and low-density switching
• Integration of content networking
• Integration of intrusion detection systems (IDSs)
• Integration of network analysis systems